- •Is the prevalence of clarithromycin resistance correlated with macrolide consumption?
- •At a country level, these two are significantly associated.
- •At a world region level these two are positively correlated (not statistically significant).
- Kenyon C.
- Kenyon C.
- Kenyon C.
- Buyze J.
- Spiteri G.
- Cole M.J.
- Unemo M.
- A European study on the relationship between antimicrobial use and antimicrobial resistance.Emerg Infect Dis. 2002; 8: 278-282
- Outpatient antibiotic use in Europe and association with resistance: a cross-national database study.Lancet. 2005; 365: 579-587
- Macrolide resistance in Helicobacter pylori: mechanism and stability in strains from clarithromycin-treated patients.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1997; 41: 2550-2553
- Prevalence of macrolide resistance in Treponema pallidum is associated with macrolide consumption.J Med Microbiol. 2018; 68 (Epub 2018 Dec 6): 119-123https://doi.org/10.1099/jmm.0.000885
- Antimicrobial consumption is associated with decreased antimicrobial susceptibility of Neisseria gonorrhoeae in 24 European countries: an ecological analysis.JID. 2019; (pii: jiz153. [Epub ahead of print])https://doi.org/10.1093/infdis/jiz153
- Global increase and geographic convergence in antibiotic consumption between 2000 and 2015.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018; 115: E3463-E3470
- Effect of azithromycin and clarithromycin therapy on pharyngeal carriage of macrolide-resistant streptococci in healthy volunteers: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study.Lancet. 2007; 369: 482-490
- Helicobacter pylori resistance to antibiotics in Europe and its relationship to antibiotic consumption.Gut. 2013; 62: 34-42
- Antimicrobial use in Europe and antimicrobial resistance in Streptococcus pneumoniae.Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2007; 26: 485-490
- Prevalence of antibiotic resistance in Helicobacter pylori: a systematic review and meta-analysis in World Health Organization regions.Gastroenterology. 2018; 155 (e17): 1372-1382
- The effect of changes in the consumption of macrolide antibiotics on erythromycin resistance in group A streptococci in Finland. Finnish Study Group for Antimicrobial Resistance.N Engl J Med. 1997; 337: 441-446
- Estimating the proportion of bystander selection for antibiotic resistance among potentially pathogenic bacterial flora.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018; 115: E11988-E11995
User licenseCreative Commons Attribution – NonCommercial – NoDerivs (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) |
For non-commercial purposes:
- Read, print & download
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article (private use only, not for distribution)
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
- Distribute translations or adaptations of the article
Elsevier's open access license policy