- •Second COVID-19 wave in Malaysia doubled every 3.8 days and decayed after 1 month.
- •Instantaneous reproduction number Rt peaked at 3.1 and case fatality rate is 1.9.
- •Movement control measures began 3 days after peaked Rt and lasted for 8 weeks.
- •Combining multiple control measures could provide effective exit strategy.
- •Disproportionately impacted subpopulations should be identified and supported.
Conflicts of interest
Declaration of interests
Appendix A. Supplementary data
- COVID-19 and the consequences of isolating the elderly.Lancet Public Health. 2020; (epub ahead of print. https://doi.org/10.1016/s2468-2667(20)30061-x)
- COVID-19 control in China during mass population movements at New Year.Lancet. 2020; 395: 764-766
- Socioeconomic gradient in health and the covid-19 outbreak.BMJ. 2020; 369: m1329
- COVID-19: extending or relaxing distancing control measures.Lancet Public Health. 2020; (epub ahead of print. https://doi.org/10.1016/S2468-2667(20)30073-6)
- Impact assessment of non-pharmaceutical interventions against coronavirus disease 2019 and influenza in Hong Kong: an observational study.Lancet Public Health. 2020; (epub ahead of print. https://doi.org/10.1016/s2468-2667(20)30090-6)
- COVID-19 exacerbating inequalities in the US.Lancet. 2020; 395: 1243-1244
- Modelling the COVID-19 epidemic and implementation of population-wide interventions in Italy.Nature Medicine. 2020; (epub ahead of print. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41591-020-0883-7)
- COVID-19 Media Centre: Press Release.2020 (Available from: http://moh.gov.my/index.php/pages/view/2019-ncov-wuhan-kenyataan-akhbar. [Accessed 30 April 2020])
- COVID-19–We urgently need to start developing an exit strategy.International Journal of Infectious Diseases. 2020; (epub ahead of print. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijid.2020.04.035)
- The effect of control strategies to reduce social mixing on outcome of the COVID-19 epidemic in Wuhan, China: a modelling study.Lancet Public Health. 2020; (epub ahead of print. https://doi.org/10.1016/s2468-2667(20)30073-6)
User licenseCreative Commons Attribution – NonCommercial – NoDerivs (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) |
For non-commercial purposes:
- Read, print & download
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article (private use only, not for distribution)
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
- Distribute translations or adaptations of the article
Elsevier's open access license policy