- •Our Pakistan case study describes three useful adaptations in light of COVID-19.
- •First, reducing the need for in-person healthcare facility visits.
- •Second, strengthening primary care including supporting health care professionals.
- •Third, proactively addressing stigma to enable better essential healthcare seeking.
Bringing care closer to patients
Strengthening primary care and supporting HCP
Proactively addressing stigma and fears
Conflict of Interest
- In Reply: How TB and COVID-19 compare: An opportunity to integrate both control programmes.Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2020; 24: 1227-1228
- Predicted impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on global tuberculosis deaths in 2020.MedRxiv. 2020; (2020.04.28.20079582)
- Lady health workers programme in Pakistan: Challenges, achievements and the way forward.J Pak Med Assoc. 2011; 61: 210-215
- Mitigating the impact of COVID-19 on tuberculosis and HIV services: a cross-sectional survey of 669 health professionals in 64 low and middle-income countries.MedRxiv. 2020;
- TB Advosiry during COVID-19 Outbreak.Ministry of Health, Islamabad, Pakistan2020
- TB Advisory during COVID-19 Outbreak.Ministry of Health, Islamabad, Pakistan2020
- RAPID ASSESSMENT OF INFECTION PREVENTION & CONTROL AMID COVID-19 CRISIS AT PHC LEVEL TB CARE FACILITIES ACROSS PAKISTAN.Ministry of Health, Islamabad, Pakistan2020
- India’s syndemic of tuberculosis and COVID-19.BMJ Glob Heal. 2020; 5
- Pulse survey on continuity of essential health services during the COVID-19 pandemic: interim report.WHO, Geneva, Switzerland2020
- Global Tuberculosis Report 2020.WHO, Geneva, Switzerland2020
User LicenseCreative Commons Attribution – NonCommercial – NoDerivs (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) |
For non-commercial purposes:
- Read, print & download
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article (private use only, not for distribution)
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
- Distribute translations or adaptations of the article
Elsevier's open access license policy